Can bad posture lead to hunchback?
Can bad posture lead to hunchback? This is a commonly asked question and the answer to it is “Yes”, bad posture can lead to one having a hunchback. The type of hunchback caused by bad posture is known as postural kyphosis. This type of hunchback can be avoided or prevented through the use of good postures always. Most people do not know the kind of postures that are good for their health or do not know much about postures and the effect they have on their health. If you are such kind of a person, enough research and advice seeking will help you learn more about postures to prevent some of the deadly health problems like hunchbacks that are brought about by bad or poor postures.
How do bad postures contribute to the development of a hunchback?
Bad postures contribute to the development of a hunchback in several ways and these are:
- It stretch the ligaments that support the spine or vertebrae pulling the thoracic vertebrae out of its normal position. This curves the back excessively resulting to one developing a hunchback. Some of the sitting and walking postures that we embrace stretch our ligaments. It is therefore important for one to be aware of such kinds of postures to avoid stretching these important ligaments.
- Poor postures assert too much pressure on the spine deforming it in the process or changing its position. This change in position results to a rounded back. A good example of a bad posture that asserts pressure on the spine is; slouching on a seat while reading, writing or typing. There is a proper posture that one should acquire while doing the above mentioned duties for proper results. Learn more about these postures and practice them accordingly.
- Bad postures destabilize the spine with time. This is because, they stretch and tighten some of the important ligaments that support the spine. This leads to the spine taking any shape and the rounded shape is one of the most common shape taken up by a poorly balanced spine
- There are several other explanations that have been given explaining how bad postures cause kyphosis. These explanations are not people’s theories or opinions but have a scientific background. This therefore means that bad posture contributes to the development of kyphosis in one way or the other though it is not a major cause of this condition.
How can one avoid poor posture?
Avoiding poor posture is not as easy as most people think. This does not mean that one cannot avoid bad postures as they can be avoided. Some of the ways in which one can do this is through disciplining himself or herself. Discipline is very important in anyone’s success in doing anything. For example, you can discipline yourself to sit or walk in a particular way. There are many other things that one can do to avoid using bad postures. Being able to do these things will provide better solutions to the question of can bad posture lead to hunchback. As a result of practicing good posture, the number of people suffering from postural kyphosis may decrease significantly.
December 18, 2014 / Tracey /
- How Does A Hunchback Sleep?
- How to CPR a hunchback?
- How To Know If You Are Getting A Hunchback?
- Can Yoga cure hunchback?
- How To Avoid Getting A Hunchback?
- What Are The Causes Of Hunchback?
- Can bad posture lead to hunchback?
- Can a chiropractor fix a hunchback?
- How does a hunchback form?
- How To Cure Hunchback By Exercise?